Our Recycling Service
7.5 MILLION mattresses go to landfill every year in the UK alone, we are on a mission at Epic Logistics to be a key player in lowering this figure.
Every mattress we take is diverted from going to landfill and 100% is converted into recyclable material.
How will your bed be recycled?
Your bed will be shredded in just 30 seconds, split out into 3 key recyclable materials:-
- Metal: Used within the UK and is melted down and turned into many different items from kettles to planes.
- Foam: This is broken down and reused as carpet underlay.
- Mixed Textile: This is used as a replacement to traditional fossil fuels as a source to power your home.
How it works?
- Choose the recycling service you require from our Delivery Upgrades & Recycling Service options.
- Once your order is confirmed and payment received, within 24 hours we will send you a SMS text message and email with a collection date. There will be contact details to change collection date if necessary, we answer all requests within 3 hours.
- Once you have confirmed your collection date, we will send you via SMS text message an AM or PM slot 24 hours prior to collection.
- Half an hour prior to collection, our delivery team will give you a courtesy call to let you know they are on their way.
- Our delivery team will take your item away and you can rest easy knowing it hasn't gone to landfill.
Due to Covid-19, safety of you and our staff is of utmost importance. Please note the following instructions:-
- You will be provided with bags by our delivery team to bag up your item before they enter your property and take it away.
- We ask that you keep a 2 meter distance from our delivery team at all times, in line with the government guidelines.
- Our delivery team will be wearing PPE at all times during their visit.